Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's a new week!

I'm delighted to announce that I am 10% on my way to the fund-raising goal! The generosity of people in these tough economic times really warms my heart! I realize that I still have a long way to go, but am working on some crafts and events to help get me there. Gotta keep the momentum going!

Yesterday was my first run as an official marathoner-in-training. I ran the 'Dash' 10k in Central Park. It was a really fun run, and I succeeded at slowing down my pace in preparation for the long distance training. It wasn't too hard to slow down, since the humidity (and the 2 mojitos the night before!) kept me dragging a little! It was still a really good time, 10k being my favorite race. Plus I ran into a colleague after the race, so had someone to chat with on the subway ride back downtown. She has run marathons in the past so had a lot of inspiration and encouraging words for me.

As I was running my mind was racing from one topic to another. I love how running has become free therapy for me! It's great to put on some headphones and have that time to myself, even though I am running amongst a pack of people. It's such a great feeling to be independent like that, and surrounded by people doing the same.

I'm about to hit the pool for a little bit and relax, later I'm going to work out the details of my training plan, which I will post here in the next day or two for your feedback.

By the end of this week, I hope to be 20% on my way to the fundraising goal, wish me luck!

Again, thanks for all the support!

xo
K

http://www.firstgiving.com/karathon

No comments:

Post a Comment